Thursday, February 14, 2013

Why

So, those of you who know me, know that I have opinions about music.  Some might say "opinionated", some might say "snobbery".  After ranting and railing to myself, for some misinformed and unfortunate reason, I decided to start this blog.  Partly inspired by Patty Bilbro and her "Time to Make the Doughnuts" blog, featuring music she is listening to while she is making pots, I decided it was high time to get the voices out of my head.  Mostly it's about my reactions, gut reactions and some informed conclusions, about the music I hear on the one radio station I tend to listen to.  WKNC, 88.1 FM, the NC State University student run radio station, for the most part, offers a wide variety of music, focusing on NC "local" music and independent music, "indie" if you will.  I love this radio station.  I hate this radio station.  I listen to it almost constantly while I am in my studio making pots, with a few detours to the NC Central University radio station for some jazz, reggae, and world music, especially when there is a NCSU baseball game on.

I love music.  I love new music.  I love some local music.  and then sometimes, I hate.  These are my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment